just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Beam Inc has seen its former biggest shareholder significantly reduce his stake in the group, following news of a planned takeover by Japanese firm Suntory Holdings.
Bacardi Lion has appointed a new MD as the previous encumbent has quit the group after ten years in the role.
The CEO of Diageo has added to his personal stake in the company by buying an extra US$1m-worth of shares.
A new report from just-drinks has suggested that the dynamism and growth of the flavoured vodka category, for so long one of the key engines behind the vodka sector, is in decline.
The US arm of Anheuser-Busch InBev has made its latest foray into the craft beer category through the planned purchase of Blue Point Brewing Co.
Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) has increased by US$40m the estimated cost of a restructuring programme aimed at turning around its business.
Cott Corp has confirmed that it is “evaluating” what direction to take the company in the future, noting that all options are being considered.
The Coca-Cola Co is to move into the home carbonation machine market with a US$1.25bn investment in Green Mountain Coffee Roasters.
The UK’s improving economy is expected to boost wine consumption and offer “relief” for producers operating in the country this year, according to a new report.
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part II: Beer & Cider
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018