just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Norway’s newly-elected centre-right Government is about to herald a major shake-up of the country’s drinks sector.
Surging sales in Asia-Pacific and Latin American drove global volumes of flavoured and functional waters up by 7.4% to 11bn litres last year, with Europe the only region seeing a fall, according to latest figures.
The Coca-Cola Co has reported a single-digit drop in nine-month net profits and sales, but profits decreases slowed as third-quarter results improved.
Italian drinks firm Illva Saronno has put its weight behind the Irish whiskey category by acquiring a 50% stake in the producer of The Irishman brand.
Carlsberg has started construction on a major new brewery in southern China as it targets an annual 15m-hectolitre capacity in the country by 2015.
PepsiCo has posted a strong jump in year-to-date group profits, but North American beverages dragged on the Q3 performance as CSD volumes dropped by mid-single digits.
Diageo has posted a weaker-than-expected sales lift in its fiscal first quarter, blaming the end of its Jose Cuervo agreement for the performance.
A strong performance in Africa and signs of improvement in Europe and North America has seen SABMiller deliver a single-digit rise in first-half sales.
A tough second quarter has sent Remy Cointreau's half-year sales further into the red.
New Zealand winery Highfield Estate has been put up for sale following the death of its co-owner.
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Forget Baby Boomers at your peril - Consumer Trend
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research