just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Norway’s newly-elected centre-right Government is about to herald a major shake-up of the country’s drinks sector.
Surging sales in Asia-Pacific and Latin American drove global volumes of flavoured and functional waters up by 7.4% to 11bn litres last year, with Europe the only region seeing a fall, according to latest figures.
The Coca-Cola Co has reported a single-digit drop in nine-month net profits and sales, but profits decreases slowed as third-quarter results improved.
Italian drinks firm Illva Saronno has put its weight behind the Irish whiskey category by acquiring a 50% stake in the producer of The Irishman brand.
Carlsberg has started construction on a major new brewery in southern China as it targets an annual 15m-hectolitre capacity in the country by 2015.
PepsiCo has posted a strong jump in year-to-date group profits, but North American beverages dragged on the Q3 performance as CSD volumes dropped by mid-single digits.
Diageo has posted a weaker-than-expected sales lift in its fiscal first quarter, blaming the end of its Jose Cuervo agreement for the performance.
A strong performance in Africa and signs of improvement in Europe and North America has seen SABMiller deliver a single-digit rise in first-half sales.
A tough second quarter has sent Remy Cointreau's half-year sales further into the red.
New Zealand winery Highfield Estate has been put up for sale following the death of its co-owner.
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research