just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
PLB has confirmed a change of managing director in time for the start of next year.
South African Breweries (SAB) has confirmed that a “small minority” of its workers have gone on strike today (30 September) over a pay dispute, but its operations are unaffected.
Britvic has confirmed it is considering further structural changes to its business, but declined to comment on reports of potential job losses among its UK sales force.
UK spirits group William Grant & Sons has seen its full-year sales edge up, but profits fell slightly after what the company described as a “challenging” year.
Nearly one in five UK consumers buy alcohol on the black market, with under-35s the worst offenders, according to a new survey.
The Coca-Cola Co and PepsiCo have countered criticism from the charity Oxfam for allegedly failing to tackle disputes over so-called land grabs to fuel the sugar trade.
Diageo has introduced more management changes at Indian group United Spirits Ltd (USL), which it now controls.
Constellation Brands has reported its first set of results since completing the takeover of its Crown Imports beer JV in the US.
Carlsberg is on the look-out for a new distributor for its Somersby cider brand in the US after “mutually” agreeing to end its relationship with current distributor Crown Imports.
Oaktree Capital Management has relinquished its entire stake in French drinks group Belvédère.
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- NPD - DeLeon Tequila's Platinum and Reposado
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research