just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
The Scotch Whisky Association (SWA) has appointed a new chief executive as Gavin Hewitt prepares to step down after ten years in charge.
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) has agreed to buy Fijian craft brewer Vonu Brands for NZD5m (US$4.1m) as it prepares to re-enter the Australian beer market at the end of the year.
Poland's spirits industry has urged the country's prime minister not to press ahead with plans for a 15% rise in tax on the category.
SABMiller's Chinese joint-venture has completed its US$864m acquisition of Kingway Brewery Holdings in the country.
Trade group Wines of South Africa (WoSA) has appointed an executive from drinks group Distell as its new CEO.
The US arm of Pernod Ricard has released full details of its gift pack offerings for the holiday season in the country.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has released results of a global consumer survey that show that parents are not united on when to broach the subject of alcohol with their children.
CL World Brands has announced the sale of its Thomas Hine & Co Cognac house to EDV SAS.
Beer consumption in Australia is at its lowest point for 66 years, but wine and cider consumption is up, according to official figures.
A new whisky distillery is set to be built on the western Scottish island of Islay.
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research