just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
The Scotch Whisky Association (SWA) has appointed a new chief executive as Gavin Hewitt prepares to step down after ten years in charge.
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) has agreed to buy Fijian craft brewer Vonu Brands for NZD5m (US$4.1m) as it prepares to re-enter the Australian beer market at the end of the year.
Poland's spirits industry has urged the country's prime minister not to press ahead with plans for a 15% rise in tax on the category.
SABMiller's Chinese joint-venture has completed its US$864m acquisition of Kingway Brewery Holdings in the country.
Trade group Wines of South Africa (WoSA) has appointed an executive from drinks group Distell as its new CEO.
The US arm of Pernod Ricard has released full details of its gift pack offerings for the holiday season in the country.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has released results of a global consumer survey that show that parents are not united on when to broach the subject of alcohol with their children.
CL World Brands has announced the sale of its Thomas Hine & Co Cognac house to EDV SAS.
Beer consumption in Australia is at its lowest point for 66 years, but wine and cider consumption is up, according to official figures.
A new whisky distillery is set to be built on the western Scottish island of Islay.
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Interview: Distell Vineyards & Estates' CEO
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- NPD - DeLeon Tequila's Platinum and Reposado
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research