just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
The Coca-Cola Co's Greater China unit has recalled 19,000 cases of Minute Maid dairy drink after fears they are contaminated with a bacteria that can cause botulism.
Diageo has dismissed a media report suggesting that it is moving the bottling of the Johnnie Walker Scotch whisky brand from Scotland to England.
Beam Inc has extended the roll out of a Maker's Mark variant to Australia.
Conglomerate Perfect China has acquired South African winery Val de Vie's wine cellar and an area of its vineyards for an undisclosed sum.
Gruppo Campari has seen its Q1 woes weigh on its half-year numbers, with profits falling by double digits as sales held firm.
MillerCoors has suffered from a “tough” second-quarter in volume sales, leading to a drop in H1 profits.
Mexico's Federal Court has agreed to consider Miller Trading Company's appeal over a competition ruling on the country's beer market, according to the brewer.
Coca-Cola Bottling Co Consolidated has admitted to “softer than expected” first-half sales and volumes but said it hopes to secure new territory from the Coca-Cola Co late next year.
Beam Inc's sales of Bourbon in the US have helped the company post solid increases in first-half profits and sales, but its Scotch struggles continue in India.
Tilaknagar Industries has confirmed that it has looked at a variety of tie-ups after reports that Pernod Ricard and Suntory were looking to invest in the Indian group.
Just before January is out, Ian Buxton is here for his first comment piece of 2014, and he's keen to consider what the fist big M&A transacion of the year will mean in the Scotch whisky industry....
The flavoured vodka category has been a growth engine of the spirits sector for some time, but new research from just-drinks suggests that the sub-category no longer represents the easy route to growt...
Beam Inc has launched a global campaign for its Teacher's Scotch whisky brand that includes lines from Rudyard Kipling's poem "If"....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Interview- Veltins export manager Udo Bruns
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages