just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
PepsiCo CFO Hugh Johnston has insisted a takeover of Mondelez International would be "too risky" after calls from activist investor Nelson Peltz to carry out the deal.
The trade bodies representing wine producers from Argentina, Chile and South Africa are targeting closer collaboration in China and the US, ahead of this Summer's combined tasting event in the UK.
The threat of China imposing trade barriers to European Union wine over dumping claims has eased after it emerged the Asian country is open to talks on the issue.
Sales of US craft beers in the first half of 2013 rose by 15%, according to latest figures.
The ready-to-drink (RTD) sector is set for further expansion, a new IWSR/just-drinks report has forecast, with the Asia Pacific and Americas regions expected to provide most of the growth.
Diageo has hailed a strong performance from North America in its full-year, with emerging markets continuing to prop up Western Europe in the period.
United Spirits has blamed a “sharp” rise in raw material costs after reporting a double-digit drop in first-quarter net profits.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has welcomed an improvement in its second-quarter performance in Brazil as it reported a rise in H1 group sales and operating profits.
The UK division of Pernod Ricard has revealed a batch of brands it is planning to roll out in the country in the lead-up to Christmas, including a premium brandy and its value vodka offering Oddka.
A drop in premium light beer sales for Anheuser-Busch InBev and MillerCoors is because US consumers are “getting tired of the taste” and moving to imported and craft labels, according to a new survey.
In 2012, Cía de Bebidas Pepsico continued to adapt to the gloomy economic climate by holding back prices, offering its core carbonates brands at lower retail prices than its main competitor Cía Servic...
PepsiCo India is one of the largest players in packaged foods and soft drinks in India. The holding became the new title sponsor of the Indian Premier League (IPL) for five seasons starting from 2013....
PepsiCo Deutschland GmbH is the second biggest player in carbonates in Germany. The company offers a wide product portfolio within carbonates, covering cola and non-cola carbonates through well-known ...
Ranked sixth in hot drinks in 2012, the company has a strong presence in other hot drinks, in particular in chocolate-based flavoured powder drinks under the Toddy brand. Competing for the same target...
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages