just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
PepsiCo CFO Hugh Johnston has insisted a takeover of Mondelez International would be "too risky" after calls from activist investor Nelson Peltz to carry out the deal.
The trade bodies representing wine producers from Argentina, Chile and South Africa are targeting closer collaboration in China and the US, ahead of this Summer's combined tasting event in the UK.
The threat of China imposing trade barriers to European Union wine over dumping claims has eased after it emerged the Asian country is open to talks on the issue.
Sales of US craft beers in the first half of 2013 rose by 15%, according to latest figures.
The ready-to-drink (RTD) sector is set for further expansion, a new IWSR/just-drinks report has forecast, with the Asia Pacific and Americas regions expected to provide most of the growth.
Diageo has hailed a strong performance from North America in its full-year, with emerging markets continuing to prop up Western Europe in the period.
United Spirits has blamed a “sharp” rise in raw material costs after reporting a double-digit drop in first-quarter net profits.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has welcomed an improvement in its second-quarter performance in Brazil as it reported a rise in H1 group sales and operating profits.
The UK division of Pernod Ricard has revealed a batch of brands it is planning to roll out in the country in the lead-up to Christmas, including a premium brandy and its value vodka offering Oddka.
A drop in premium light beer sales for Anheuser-Busch InBev and MillerCoors is because US consumers are “getting tired of the taste” and moving to imported and craft labels, according to a new survey.
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research