just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
C&C Group is switching distribution of Magners in Australia from Suntory to Bacardi Lion from next year.
Exports of French wine to China have fallen by nearly 10% in the first half of 2013, but the European country maintains its leadership on China's imported wine market, according to reports.
Champagne house Laurent-Perrier has reported a double-digit drop in first-quarter sales and volumes but said demand outside Europe remains strong.
Diageo is set to assume full control of Sichuan Chengdu Shuijingfang Group Co, the largest shareholder in Chinese baijiu producer Shuijingfang.
Beam Inc has lined-up a new president for its Asia Pacific and South America unit.
Dr Pepper Snapple Group (DPSG) has agreed to drop antioxidant claims from its 7UP range in the US and stop adding vitamin E after settling a court case with a health group.
Scottish brewer Brewdog has been reprimanded by the UK's advertising authorities for using “gratuitous” language on its website.
PepsiCo has posted a strong lift in half-year profits on steady sales, with its share of the US drinks market improving in the period.
SABMiller has said that its first-quarter sales rose slightly, as growth in Latin America and Africa was offset by tough conditions in Europe and North America.
The CEO of Stolichnaya owner SPI Group has come out in support of gay and transgender people, branding new Russian laws against homosexuals as “dreadful”.
Bacardi’s position as the world’s 12th biggest wine company by volume is based almost entirely on its Martini vermouth and other sparkling wine brand variants. With these products focused in the matur...
Eyebrows rose earlier this week at the US$16bn that Suntory is set to pay for Beam Inc. At 20 times the company's EBITDA, the transaction is at the more expensive end of the scale. Here, courtesy of a...
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- India overtakes France for Pernod Ricard
- New whisky distillery set for Edinburgh
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Corby's FY suffers from US focus
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research