just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
Coca-Cola FEMSA has agreed its sixth acquisition in two years with the US$448m purchase of Brazilian beverage maker Companhia Fluminense de Refrigerantes.
Edrington has hailed a strong full-year performance despite a GBP274.8m (US$418.4m) write-down of its Brugal rum brand that pushed profits into the red.
Edward Snell & Co has replaced Diageo and Heineken's South African joint venture as the distributor of the Jose Cuervo Tequila portfolio across the Southern African region.
Visitors continue to return to Vinexpo, with record interest from China helping to erase 2009's slump, official figures have shown.
Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) is to buy a Tasmanian vineyard as it follows through on a pledge to purchase sites in cooler areas because of climate change.
Constellation Brands has seen its first-quarter profits hit by rising costs, despite a slight lift in sales for the period.
C&C Group expects to post full-year profits growth despite on-going tough trading conditions in its core UK and Ireland markets that saw first-quarter volumes and sales fall in the regions.
William Grant & Sons is set to switch the distribution of its Tullamore Dew Irish whiskey brand in Czech and Slovakia from Stock Spirits to Remy Cointreau.
PepsiCo has said all of its US products will be free of a chemical linked to cancer by February next year after a health group accused the company of falling behind the Coca-Cola Co on a pledge to remove it.
Diageo has completed the latest round of its United Spirits purchase, and is now the major shareholder in the Indian firm.
Companies: Fomento Economico Mexicano, The Edrington Group, Diageo, Heineken, Constellation Brands, Vinexpo, Treasury Wine Estates, Remy Cointreau, Cointreau, C&C Group plc, William Grant & Sons, PepsiCo, The Coca-Cola Company, United Spirits Limited
If Scotch sales receive an end-of-year bump this month, there's a good chance it is from whisky executives toasting a banner year for the brown stuff....
Premium Tequila producer DeLeon has signed a partnership deal with rap artist and producer Sean 'Diddy' Combs, according to reports. ...
Heineken has announced the appointment of Loïc Latour to the post of president of its French distribution subsidiary, France Boissons....
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- SABMiller's Q1 sales performance by region - Focus
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends