just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
Pernod Ricard's Scotch unit Chivas Brothers has officially re-opened a Speyside distillery, part of an on-going investment in whisky production that includes a new distillery to open next year.
Edrington Group has unveiled more details of its distribution changes, announcing a GBP10m (US$15.5m) investment for new structures in the US, South-east Asia and the Middle East.
Portuguese cork producer Amorim has teamed up with US-headquartered O-I to launch a screw-top cork packaging concept for the wine industry.
The Scotch Whisky Association (SWA) has calmed reports that Indian authorities have offered to cut the duty on international wine and spirits from 150% to 40%.
SABMiller is to take Kopparberg Brewery into new markets under a licensing agreement with the Swedish cider maker.
A US doctors lobby has called for a ban on energy drinks marketing to under-18s over health fears.
The Coca-Cola Co's India & south-west Asia head is to also assume control of the company's Greater China & Korea (GC&K) region.
Rémy Cointreau has revealed finance director Frédéric Pflanz as its successor to Jean-Marie Laborde, who will step down as chief executive at the end of September.
MillerCoors is targeting the 'above premium' segment to drive growth in the beer market in the US, pinning its hopes on its craft and imported beer stable.
Outgoing Diageo CEO Paul Walsh will join catering group Compass as chairman from next year, it has been confirmed.
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are just-drinks' ten favourite quotes in 2013....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read interviews on just-drinks in 2013....
After a lively year for our industry, Stuart Whitwell from Intangible Business takes a look at what the next 12 months could have in store for the beer and spirits categories....
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Brewers v Distillers in Nutrition Control Battle
- Heineken to cut jobs in global shake-up
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- Bacardi Brown-Forman here to stay
- Moet Hennessy sells Scotch Malt Whisky Society
- Carlsberg takes on Stella Artois in new campaign
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Heineken N.V. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly