just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The biggest stories on just-drinks this week
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
Brown-Forman has posted a strong set of full-year results as increased demand for North American whiskey and “solid” price increases pushed up profits, the company said today (5 June).
Anheuser-Busch InBev has completed its US$20.1bn acquisition of Grupo Modelo, nearly a year after the deal was first announced.
PepsiCo has said a media report claiming it plans to buy SodaStream for US$2bn is “completely and totally untrue”.
Diageo is upping its focus on Africa by bringing in a chief operating officer for the region, a newly-created role.
Treasury Wine Estates has appointed the man who played a key role in its demerger from the Foster's Group as its new CFO.
The American Beverage Association (ABA) has accused New York City's authorities of misleading the public after it launched a new campaign warning against high sugar levels in fruit juices, energy drinks, sweet teas and sports drinks.
Champagne house Laurent-Perrier has seen a slight rise in full-year sales due to demand outside Europe, but profits have dropped.
Russian Standard has promised to increase exports of Central European Distribution Corporation (CEDC) vodka brands after completing the takeover of its debt-laden former rival.
Wirtz Beverage has taken on the distribution of a host of new craft beer brands in Nevada as it up its focus on the sub-sector.
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015