just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The biggest stories on just-drinks this week
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
Brown-Forman has posted a strong set of full-year results as increased demand for North American whiskey and “solid” price increases pushed up profits, the company said today (5 June).
Anheuser-Busch InBev has completed its US$20.1bn acquisition of Grupo Modelo, nearly a year after the deal was first announced.
PepsiCo has said a media report claiming it plans to buy SodaStream for US$2bn is “completely and totally untrue”.
Diageo is upping its focus on Africa by bringing in a chief operating officer for the region, a newly-created role.
Treasury Wine Estates has appointed the man who played a key role in its demerger from the Foster's Group as its new CFO.
The American Beverage Association (ABA) has accused New York City's authorities of misleading the public after it launched a new campaign warning against high sugar levels in fruit juices, energy drinks, sweet teas and sports drinks.
Champagne house Laurent-Perrier has seen a slight rise in full-year sales due to demand outside Europe, but profits have dropped.
Russian Standard has promised to increase exports of Central European Distribution Corporation (CEDC) vodka brands after completing the takeover of its debt-laden former rival.
Wirtz Beverage has taken on the distribution of a host of new craft beer brands in Nevada as it up its focus on the sub-sector.
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research