just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
Moet Hennessy is set to build a new bottling plant for its Hennessy Cognac brand after acquiring a 30-hectare plot of land on the outskirts of Cognac.
China has officially recorded the geographical origin (AOC) of Champagne.
Diageo's bid for full control of United Spirits has received a boost after the Indian group's board approved the allocation of a 10% stake to the UK firm.
Coca-Cola FEMSA has completed its takeover of Mexican bottler Grupo Yoli in a deal valued at US$700m.
AG Barr has outpaced a sluggish soft drinks market and posted an increase in sales in the first 15 weeks of its financial year.
Suntory Holdings' soft drinks and food unit has won approval to list on the Tokyo Stock Exchange (TSE), a move expected to see the company raise around JYN476bn (US$4.7bn).
William Grant & Sons' Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) MD has quit the company and is not being directly replaced.
The Bourbon category is seeing the biggest "hollowing out" effect in the US on-trade as market share for both high-end and value brands grow, according to latest figures.
Tequila producer Patron Spirits has appointed a new global chief operating officer and international president as John McDonnell has left the company.
Pernod Ricard is targeting a 5% lift in its market share in Asia within the next two-and-a-half years, although short-term headwinds in China have slowed growth in recent months.
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends