just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
Wine producers should concentrate on flagging up the category's low-calorie credentials, instead of looking at lowering abvs, a Mintel analyst has argued.
The Office of Fair Trading (OFT) has given the green light to the Coca-Cola Company's bid to take full ownership of UK smoothie maker Innocent Drinks.
The head of a new UK trade body for gin has said that the spirit requires its own representation, because it is “more complex” than vodka.
Britvic has today (22 May) unveiled plans to launch its Fruit Shoot juice brand in India as it reported a healthy surge in first-half profits.
Anheuser-Busch Inbev is set to back its Stella Artois Cidre brand in the UK with a television and cinema advert.
Brazil is aiming to triple its wine exports on the back of next year's World Cup and the 2016 Rio Olympics, the country's wine body has said.
The boss of Tesco's wine unit has said the group remains "supporters" of minimum unit pricing, while claiming the measure would not boost the company's profits.
SABMiller has posted a double-digit lift in full-year net profits although, after exceptions, profits fell by 22%.
Diageo has lined up a replacement for a long-standing member of its executive committee, who is set to retire.
A Scottish Government official has said that the drinks industry's on-going legal challenge over minimum unit pricing is "disappointing", and has argued there is no need for the policy to be decided by European authorities.
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- With MegaBrew sorted, is MegaBev next? - Research
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Bacardi ups ante in US Havana Club row
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research