just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
Wine producers should concentrate on flagging up the category's low-calorie credentials, instead of looking at lowering abvs, a Mintel analyst has argued.
The Office of Fair Trading (OFT) has given the green light to the Coca-Cola Company's bid to take full ownership of UK smoothie maker Innocent Drinks.
The head of a new UK trade body for gin has said that the spirit requires its own representation, because it is “more complex” than vodka.
Britvic has today (22 May) unveiled plans to launch its Fruit Shoot juice brand in India as it reported a healthy surge in first-half profits.
Anheuser-Busch Inbev is set to back its Stella Artois Cidre brand in the UK with a television and cinema advert.
Brazil is aiming to triple its wine exports on the back of next year's World Cup and the 2016 Rio Olympics, the country's wine body has said.
The boss of Tesco's wine unit has said the group remains "supporters" of minimum unit pricing, while claiming the measure would not boost the company's profits.
SABMiller has posted a double-digit lift in full-year net profits although, after exceptions, profits fell by 22%.
Diageo has lined up a replacement for a long-standing member of its executive committee, who is set to retire.
A Scottish Government official has said that the drinks industry's on-going legal challenge over minimum unit pricing is "disappointing", and has argued there is no need for the policy to be decided by European authorities.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Innocent Drinks Ltd is set to sell its remaining 42% stake to The Coca-Cola Co, with whom it first went into partnership in 2009. The objective is to gain a stronger presence within fruit/vegetable ju...
The company is focused on following three main strategies in 2013 in order to maintain its presence as one of the leading soft drinks manufacturers in the UK. These are innovation, increased distribut...
Following the acquisition of Irish company C&C (Ireland) Ltd in 2007 Britvic Ireland Ltd has held a firm position in soft drinks, offering leading brands such as Club and Ballygowan in Ireland. Despit...
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review