just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
Wine producers should concentrate on flagging up the category's low-calorie credentials, instead of looking at lowering abvs, a Mintel analyst has argued.
The Office of Fair Trading (OFT) has given the green light to the Coca-Cola Company's bid to take full ownership of UK smoothie maker Innocent Drinks.
The head of a new UK trade body for gin has said that the spirit requires its own representation, because it is “more complex” than vodka.
Britvic has today (22 May) unveiled plans to launch its Fruit Shoot juice brand in India as it reported a healthy surge in first-half profits.
Anheuser-Busch Inbev is set to back its Stella Artois Cidre brand in the UK with a television and cinema advert.
Brazil is aiming to triple its wine exports on the back of next year's World Cup and the 2016 Rio Olympics, the country's wine body has said.
The boss of Tesco's wine unit has said the group remains "supporters" of minimum unit pricing, while claiming the measure would not boost the company's profits.
SABMiller has posted a double-digit lift in full-year net profits although, after exceptions, profits fell by 22%.
Diageo has lined up a replacement for a long-standing member of its executive committee, who is set to retire.
A Scottish Government official has said that the drinks industry's on-going legal challenge over minimum unit pricing is "disappointing", and has argued there is no need for the policy to be decided by European authorities.
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts