just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
Distell has acquired Scotch whisky firm Burn Stewart Distillers from CL World Brands and Angostura Limited for ZAR2.2bn (US$244m).
The NASDAQ stock market has delisted the shares of Central European Distribution Corp, after the company filed for bankruptcy last week.
LVMH has reported a lift in sales from its wine and spirits division, Moet Hennessy, in the first quarter of 2013.
Brown-Forman has unveiled the first TV campaign for its Gentleman Jack Rare Tennessee Whiskey since the brand was launched in 1988.
The Coca-Cola Co has posted a drop in Q1 sales and profits and announced a proposed shake-up of its US bottling operations.
William Grant & Sons has appointed a new group finance director.
Diageo has highlighted slowing growth in two important emerging markets in its third quarter, but sales in the year-to-date remain in line with expectations.
Rémy Cointreau has posted another double-digit sales increase in full-year sales despite admitting to “more modest” growth for its Cognac division.
SABMiller has said that its latest fiscal full-year performed in line with expectations, as sales delivered a year-on-year increase of 7% in value terms.
German group Behn has acquired vodka brand Danzka from Belvedere for EUR19.4m (US$29.6m).
Through much of the review period, Brown-Forman has struggled for growth. However, in 2012 its rate of growth picked up as the early results of its 10-year plan, announced in 2010, started to show as ...
Russian investor Roustam Tariko, the owner of Russian Standard, gained full control of CEDC in April 2013. The new owner is expected to focus more on the Russian market. This, in turn, could mean less...
Comprising of textual analysis and data tables, this in-depth and exclusive country report from Canadean provides a comprehensive view of the cider industry structure including analysis and profiles o...
Wine in South Africa industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The prof...
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014