just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
Seven workers have died in an accident at one of Grupo Modelo's breweries in Mexico.
Central European Distribution Corporation (CEDC) has proceeded with a bankruptcy filing in the US, as it prepares to be taken over by the owner of Russian Standard.
Beam Inc is sending one of its sales managers to Southern Wine & Spirits of America (SWSA) to head up the multi-state distributor's Beam portfolio.
Bacardi has appointed a former pharmaceutical marketing manager to head up its Russian unit.
Sales of European spirits outside the European Union hit a record EUR10.2bn (US$13.3bn) in 2012, with growth being driven by whisk(e)y, new figures reveal.
Off-trade beer volumes in the US fell by 3.4% in the latest quarter, but Heineken is continuing to gain market share, according to recently-released figures.
AG Barr has defended its latest Irn Bru ad after dozens of viewers claimed it is "anti-English".
Constellation Brands, in line to acquire a Grupo Modelo brewery, plans to double the plant's capacity over the next three years, the company's CEO has said
Diageo has confirmed it plans to close one of its brewing-related plants in Ireland with the loss of 21 jobs.
Heineken has denied it is ready to offload its Finnish unit Hartwall after a report claimed it has launched a sale.
Russian investor Roustam Tariko, the owner of Russian Standard, gained full control of CEDC in April 2013. The new owner is expected to focus more on the Russian market. This, in turn, could mean less...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Over the last 10 years RTD's as a category may not have grown at anywhere near the level it did between 1998 and 2003 but it has, nevertheless enjoyed steady global growth. This reality flies in the f...
Two entities expressed "serious interest" in buying collapsed wholesaler Waverley TBS after it called in administrators last year, it has emerged. ...
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review