just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
Seven workers have died in an accident at one of Grupo Modelo's breweries in Mexico.
Central European Distribution Corporation (CEDC) has proceeded with a bankruptcy filing in the US, as it prepares to be taken over by the owner of Russian Standard.
Beam Inc is sending one of its sales managers to Southern Wine & Spirits of America (SWSA) to head up the multi-state distributor's Beam portfolio.
Bacardi has appointed a former pharmaceutical marketing manager to head up its Russian unit.
Sales of European spirits outside the European Union hit a record EUR10.2bn (US$13.3bn) in 2012, with growth being driven by whisk(e)y, new figures reveal.
Off-trade beer volumes in the US fell by 3.4% in the latest quarter, but Heineken is continuing to gain market share, according to recently-released figures.
AG Barr has defended its latest Irn Bru ad after dozens of viewers claimed it is "anti-English".
Constellation Brands, in line to acquire a Grupo Modelo brewery, plans to double the plant's capacity over the next three years, the company's CEO has said
Diageo has confirmed it plans to close one of its brewing-related plants in Ireland with the loss of 21 jobs.
Heineken has denied it is ready to offload its Finnish unit Hartwall after a report claimed it has launched a sale.
Russian investor Roustam Tariko, the owner of Russian Standard, gained full control of CEDC in April 2013. The new owner is expected to focus more on the Russian market. This, in turn, could mean less...
Two entities expressed "serious interest" in buying collapsed wholesaler Waverley TBS after it called in administrators last year, it has emerged. ...
Bacardi has announced plans for a worldwide marketing push for its Grey Goose vodka brand....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Cider's Campaign Gains
- Sustainability in Drinks - Sugar: A Shared Priorit
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Pernod Ricard appoints Absolut Vodka VP
- Beam Suntory to re-package Courvoisier Cognac
- TWE, Pernod hail China-Aus FTA
- Brown-Forman looks to raise US$500m
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beer, 2014 and the future