just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
Export sales of Scotch whisky by value edged up to a record high last year, despite a 5% drop in volumes, according to latest figures.
Shareholders of four Coca-Cola bottlers in Japan have approved a proposed merger of the groups.
Private equity group Exponent has declined to comment on reports that it is in talks to take control of Loch Lomond Distillery Company.
Diageo has unveiled plans to build a new GBP50m (US$75.5m) malt whisky distillery in the Highlands and boost the capacity of two other sites as part of its five-year investment programme in Scotch.
Concha y Toro has posted a healthy rise in FY sales as exports made up for weak domestic demand.
Diageo's move to take control of The UB Group's United Spirits division remains on course, despite court approval for UB's creditors to sell off pledged shares in the unit, just-drinks understands.
Anheuser-Busch InBev is involved in a legal tussle with CVC Capital Partners over money the brewer claims it is owed from the private equity firm's sale of StarBev, it has emerged.
Beam Inc, Gruppo Campari, William Grant & Sons and ThaiBev have all been linked to Indian spirits producer John Distilleries, according to local reports.
PepsiCo has launched the latest global advertising campaign for its Pepsi CSD range, featuring US singer Beyonce Knowles.
Mast-Jägermeister has said Brown-Forman will take Jägermeister “to the next level” after the US firm replaced Suntory as the brand's distributor in Australia.
Inbev will continue to focus on premiumisation, adding value and Increasing its channel coverage over the forecast period. The company will continue to invest heavily in marketing support and new prod...
Since the great recession of 2008/2009 Diageo has transformed itself, primarily through acquisition, from being overly focused on mature markets to a more balanced geographic split and if, as seems li...
Some interesting developments have been occuring within the Vodka category since the publication of our previous global market review of the category....
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets