just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
Loch Lomond Distillers has declined to comment on speculation it is about to swallowed up in a private investor takeover.
Carlsberg is looking to increase its stake in Chongqing Brewery, its joint-venture partner in China.
Central European Distribution Corporation has started offering stock to some of its creditors, as the company is not in a position to cover its debt.
Cachaça is set to be recognised as a “distinctive product of Brazil” in the US from April after the authorities published a final ruling on the long-running bid.
The head of Anheuser-Busch InBev has said he is “optimistic” about the group’s prospects in China as it plans to open four more breweries in the country by 2015.
Molson Coors and Miller Brewing Company are heading for a legal showdown in Canada after the SABMiller subsidiary said it is terminating a licence agreement between the two.
E&J Gallo Winery is targeting growth across Africa through a South Africa-sourced variant of its US wine brand, Barefoot.
Monster Beverage's full-year results are “not perfect” but the company can look forward to single-digit sales growth over the next five years, an analyst has said.
Treasury Wine Estates has posted a marked fall in net profits for the first half of its fiscal year, with sales also slipping in the period.
Diageo has confirmed that India's competition watchdog has okayed its planned purchase of a stake in United Spirits, but warned that further approval is still needed.
MillerCoors' plans to launch a new, high-strength "golden" lager may not be surprising on one level, but the wider trend is puzzling....
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Britvic's FY Performance by Region - Focus
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- This week in spirits & wine
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts