just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
Loch Lomond Distillers has declined to comment on speculation it is about to swallowed up in a private investor takeover.
Carlsberg is looking to increase its stake in Chongqing Brewery, its joint-venture partner in China.
Central European Distribution Corporation has started offering stock to some of its creditors, as the company is not in a position to cover its debt.
Cachaça is set to be recognised as a “distinctive product of Brazil” in the US from April after the authorities published a final ruling on the long-running bid.
The head of Anheuser-Busch InBev has said he is “optimistic” about the group’s prospects in China as it plans to open four more breweries in the country by 2015.
Molson Coors and Miller Brewing Company are heading for a legal showdown in Canada after the SABMiller subsidiary said it is terminating a licence agreement between the two.
E&J Gallo Winery is targeting growth across Africa through a South Africa-sourced variant of its US wine brand, Barefoot.
Monster Beverage's full-year results are “not perfect” but the company can look forward to single-digit sales growth over the next five years, an analyst has said.
Treasury Wine Estates has posted a marked fall in net profits for the first half of its fiscal year, with sales also slipping in the period.
Diageo has confirmed that India's competition watchdog has okayed its planned purchase of a stake in United Spirits, but warned that further approval is still needed.
MillerCoors' plans to launch a new, high-strength "golden" lager may not be surprising on one level, but the wider trend is puzzling....
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- With MegaBrew sorted, is MegaBev next? - Research
- Diageo gets 2016 off to a strong start - Analysis
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Bacardi ups ante in US Havana Club row
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- The US is "the first place I look" - Diageo CEO
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research