just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
Carlsberg is being “very cautious” in its earnings estimates for 2013, according to an analyst.
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) has posted a sharp drop in full-year net profits as write-downs in its packaged food business offset beverage gains in Australia, Indonesia and Papua New Guinea.
The head of Pernod Ricard has proclaimed his confidence in the company's position in the spirits market in India, despite Diageo's recently-announced tie-up with United Spirits in the country.
Britvic and AG Barr have a three in ten chance of completing their merger after its referral to the UK's Competition Commission, an analyst has claimed.
Diageo's Talisker Storm
PepsiCo is to build a KES2.6bn (US$30m) manufacturing plant in Kenya through a local bottler, according to reports.
SABMiller has prospered by taking a “bottom-up” approach in local markets instead of “force-fitting” a standard corporate model, according to the group's outgoing boss.
Coca-Cola Enterprises aims to drive growth in its cola stable this year in all of its markets, with the launch of an advertising campaign encouraging consumers to drink “Coke with food”.
PepsiCo's CFO has played down the potential effects of its closely guarded sweetener innovation.
Cidermakers should be wary of devaluing the category's improved image with “faddy” flavour innovations, according to an industry analyst.
Wuliangye Yibin has warned China's spirits market is going though an adjustment after it posted a slowdown in profits growth in first-half results, according to local reports. ...
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board