just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
Carlsberg is being “very cautious” in its earnings estimates for 2013, according to an analyst.
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) has posted a sharp drop in full-year net profits as write-downs in its packaged food business offset beverage gains in Australia, Indonesia and Papua New Guinea.
The head of Pernod Ricard has proclaimed his confidence in the company's position in the spirits market in India, despite Diageo's recently-announced tie-up with United Spirits in the country.
Britvic and AG Barr have a three in ten chance of completing their merger after its referral to the UK's Competition Commission, an analyst has claimed.
Diageo's Talisker Storm
PepsiCo is to build a KES2.6bn (US$30m) manufacturing plant in Kenya through a local bottler, according to reports.
SABMiller has prospered by taking a “bottom-up” approach in local markets instead of “force-fitting” a standard corporate model, according to the group's outgoing boss.
Coca-Cola Enterprises aims to drive growth in its cola stable this year in all of its markets, with the launch of an advertising campaign encouraging consumers to drink “Coke with food”.
PepsiCo's CFO has played down the potential effects of its closely guarded sweetener innovation.
Cidermakers should be wary of devaluing the category's improved image with “faddy” flavour innovations, according to an industry analyst.
The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and analysis on beer market trends, brands, brewers, packaging, distribution channels, market valuation and pricing....
Over the last 10 years RTD's as a category may not have grown at anywhere near the level it did between 1998 and 2003 but it has, nevertheless enjoyed steady global growth. This reality flies in the f...
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer