just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
Beam Inc has agreed to sell a group of its “economy” spirit brands to Luxco for around US$65m.
The world's largest spirits groups are continuing to increase their share of the global spirits market, a new report from Euromonitor International has found.
Barossa Valley Estate (BVE) has appointed receivers to take control of its assets, with the winery set to go up for sale.
SABMiller has posted a jump in third-quarter sales despite bad weather in China that saw its volumes in the country dip.
The founder of Goose Island has voiced his surprise at the lack of M&A activity in the US craft beer sector and admitted he had “mixed emotions” about quitting the company he set up.
Diageo will bring “much-needed” financial prudence to United Spirits Ltd (USL) by ending a “vicious” cycle of volume focus, high working capital and low profitability, an analyst has predicted.
A New York state legislator overseeing a proposed energy drinks crackdown says he wants to work with the industry and not fight “tooth and nail” with companies.
The head of the Coca-Cola Co wants to use his company's marketing might to drive home anti-obesity education.
Crown Imports can become a “master” distributor under Constellation Brands, offering access to the US market for international brands not wanting to use Anheuser-Busch InBev, an analyst has said.
A wholesaler in China has been given a four-year prison sentence for selling “fake” Scotch whisky in the country's first case centered on the term 'Scotch'.
This month, Ian Buxton looks at attempts to increase environmental sustainability by Scotland's distillers, through the waste that they generate....
The most unexpected new product in the white spirits world so far this year has to be Burrough's Reserve, a sipping gin from Pernod Ricard's team at Beefeater. Chris Mercer looks at the launch of the ...
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- The global beer category - The facts
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research