just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
Beam Inc has agreed to sell a group of its “economy” spirit brands to Luxco for around US$65m.
The world's largest spirits groups are continuing to increase their share of the global spirits market, a new report from Euromonitor International has found.
Barossa Valley Estate (BVE) has appointed receivers to take control of its assets, with the winery set to go up for sale.
SABMiller has posted a jump in third-quarter sales despite bad weather in China that saw its volumes in the country dip.
The founder of Goose Island has voiced his surprise at the lack of M&A activity in the US craft beer sector and admitted he had “mixed emotions” about quitting the company he set up.
Diageo will bring “much-needed” financial prudence to United Spirits Ltd (USL) by ending a “vicious” cycle of volume focus, high working capital and low profitability, an analyst has predicted.
A New York state legislator overseeing a proposed energy drinks crackdown says he wants to work with the industry and not fight “tooth and nail” with companies.
The head of the Coca-Cola Co wants to use his company's marketing might to drive home anti-obesity education.
Crown Imports can become a “master” distributor under Constellation Brands, offering access to the US market for international brands not wanting to use Anheuser-Busch InBev, an analyst has said.
A wholesaler in China has been given a four-year prison sentence for selling “fake” Scotch whisky in the country's first case centered on the term 'Scotch'.
This month, Ian Buxton looks at attempts to increase environmental sustainability by Scotland's distillers, through the waste that they generate....
The most unexpected new product in the white spirits world so far this year has to be Burrough's Reserve, a sipping gin from Pernod Ricard's team at Beefeater. Chris Mercer looks at the launch of the ...
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research