just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
South Africa's wine exports hit record highs last year as poor harvests in rival nations boosted demand for the country's brands.
The Coca-Cola Company has admitted it has an “important role” to play in the US' fight against obesity as it launched a new TV ad addressing the issue.
Diageo has claimed that a US$5m lawsuit launched against it by hip-hop artist Pharrell Williams “lacks merit”.
The new company formed from the merger of AG Barr and Britvic is expected to start trading by the end of next month after the UK's Office of Fair Trading (OFT) said it is to due to give its decision by 13 February.
TCC Assets and Overseas Union Enterprise (OUE) face an auction unless they can resolve their bidding war over Fraser & Neave, a government watchdog has warned.
Anheuser-Busch InBev's bid to acquire the rest of Grupo Modelo could collapse due to “draconian” measures that US regulators are insisting on, according to an analyst.
Pernod Ricard's super-premium vodkas lack the depth to compete with Diageo's as vodka continues its value boom, an analyst has said.
Rémy Cointreau has posted a healthy jump in year-to-date sales as Cognac sales remained strong despite the later Chinese New Year.
Heineken's Central and Eastern European (CEE) senior management team is being relocated from Austria to the group's HQ in Amsterdam, the company has confirmed.
Coca-Cola FEMSA is to buy Mexican bottler Grupo Yoli in a deal valued at US$700m, subject to regulatory approval.
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research