just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
Scotch whisky continues to play a “key role” in the Scottish economy, according to data released late last month.
Central European Distribution Corporation (CEDC) has handed operational control to leading shareholder and Russian Standard owner Roustam Tariko in return for US$65m in funds.
Share repurchasing programmes by leading soft drinks firms such as PepsiCo, The Coca-Cola Co and Dr Pepper Snapple Group are ineffective because companies buy back shares at inflated prices, an analyst has warned.
New laws on beer sales in Russia have been introduced along with a ban on print media alcohol advertising.
The Brewers Association has hit out a proposal to raise beer taxes in the US, warning it would “devastate” independent breweries while helping multinational rivals.
The Coca-Cola Co has taken ownership of Sacramento Coca-Cola Bottling Co in California.
San Miguel Brewery (SMB) has had its shares suspended from the Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) after failing to comply with rules over public ownership.
Rum producers in Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands, such as Bacardi and Diageo, will see their spirits continue to benefit from the higher rebate rate of so-called 'cover over' tax in the US for another year.
The regional director for SPI Group's operations in the Asia Pacific region has left the company, less than nine months after joining the Stolichnaya vodka owner.
Four Asia Pacific Breweries (APB) executives have quit the company in the wake of Heineken taking full control of the group.
This month's management briefing continues with our look at environmental sustainability in the drinks industry. Following his look at the brewing sector earlier this year, Ben Cooper turns his attent...
The second part of this month's management briefing, which focuses on the soft drinks and bottled water category, looks at the relationship between producers and their suppliers....
In the final part of this month's management briefing, which looks at environmental sustainability in the soft drinks and bottled water sector, Ben Cooper considers the importance of connecting with c...
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Chilli targets beer with Rekorderlig Dry Apple
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014