just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
The Coca-Cola Co has said four of its Tokyo bottlers are to join forces, with the new company making up about half of its total volumes in Japan.
SPI Group has appointed a new director of Middle East, Africa and India tasked with developing the company's core Israel and Lebanon markets.
Rémy Cointreau's appointment of CFO Frédéric Pflanz to take on the new additional role of COO suggests he is line to take over from CEO Jean-Marie Laborde, according to an analyst.
Stock Spirits Group has announced the aquisition of Slovak spirits company Imperator and ethanol manufacturing business Novel Ferm, both for undisclosed sums.
PepsiCo has said a sweetener change for its Diet Pepsi brand won't affect its flavour.
Suntory Holdings has confirmed plans for a major shake-up, including a raft of new executive appointments and a more “aggressive” M&A strategy.
Brown-Forman's CEO has admitted the company has been forced to innovate as the pool of available acquisitions has shrunk and smaller brands have taken market share.
The Australian Beverages Council (ABC) has moved to prempt a state government investigation into the effects of mixing energy drinks and alcohol.
Rémy Cointreau has signed an agreement to buy Larsen Cognac for an undisclosed sum.
Heineken and Bavaria have said they are “disappointed” after Europe's highest court rejected their appeals against a reduction in fines for their part in a cartel.
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research