just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
Diageo's offer for a 53.4% stake in United Spirits is “relatively full” compared to other spirits deals but will be “fair” if high Indian import duties are cut, according to an analyst.
Whyte & Mackay is likely to be sold off in the wake of Diageo's United Spirits deal, with Gruppo Campari a potential buyer of the Glasgow-based business, according to an analyst.
PepsiCo has unveiled a new US$40m research & development centre in Shanghai today (13 November), its largest outside of the US.
Pernod Ricard has launched an international marketing campaign to further highlight its Beefeater gin brand's connection to London.
Carlsberg has been given the green light to raise its stake in the government-controlled Hanoi Alcohol Beer and Beverage Corporation (Habeco) to 30%.
Heineken appears to be happy with its mix of business models in Africa and has little interest in entering the local beer segment, according to an analyst.
Officials at the European Commission have told just-drinks that the European Union’s (EU) annual EUR1bn (US$1.27bn) wine sector subsidy budget is facing deep cuts.
SPI Group is to drop William Grant & Sons as its US distributor for Stolichnaya and set up its own import company.
Barr Britvic Soft Drinks may close some of Britvic's production plants as part of cost-saving moves in the wake of the AG Barr merger, an analyst has said.
Sales volumes of the 2012 Beaujolais Nouveau are estimated to be down by around 13% on last year due to a small harvest, according to trade body Inter-Beaujolais.
Yesterday evening, the Worshipful Company of Distillers hosted a debate in London about gin. Up for discussion was the question: "Gin: A tortuous history with a brilliant future?"...
The many facets of rum reflect a versatility that looks set to keep an already growing category moving in the right direction, according to a new report from just-drinks and The IWSR....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research