just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
Heineken's focus on its global brands could damage sales as the world market fragments, an analyst has warned.
Beer drinkers trading down to less expensive brands and the dollar/euro exchange rate could affect Boston Beer Company's future earnings, according to an analyst.
Heineken's long-running bid to take full control of Asia Pacific Breweries (APB) is set to complete this month after Singapore's competition commission gave the green light to the move.
The head of Diageo's operations in Latin America and the Caribbean has warned that he would “hate to lose” the Jose Cuervo Tequila brand, as the end of the company's current agreement looms.
The head of Diageo's operations in Brazil has said that the company is set to expand its distribution coverage, to exploit the burgeoning middle class in the country.
Carlsberg has said it will be forced to introduce price rises of around 15% in France if the government goes ahead with planned duty increase.
Red Bull has said it is satisfied with an Indian court's decision to stop it using three distribution partners of Narang Danone Access (NDA), a former partner in the country.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has confirmed that it will launch a new stonger “dark” version of Budweiser, called Black Crown, early next year.
The boss of Monster has mounted a lengthy defence of the company, restating its products are “safe” and arguing claims made in a lawsuit against it are “totally baseless”.
Diageo boss Paul Walsh has said he is “ambivalent” about the possible prospect of losing Whyte & Mackay to ensure the United Spirits deal goes through.
Yesterday evening, the Worshipful Company of Distillers hosted a debate in London about gin. Up for discussion was the question: "Gin: A tortuous history with a brilliant future?"...
I can't remember precisely when I first saw the BRIC acronym. Indeed, with only ten years' experience of the drinks industry, it seems to be have been around longer than I have. I can remember, howeve...
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research