just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
The private equity owners of North American Breweries (NAB) have agreed a deal to sell the company to Heineken-affiliated Cerveceria Costa Rica for US$388m in cash.
Vijay Mallya, the head of India's UB Group, says he is "under no compulsion whatsoever" to sell a stake in United Spirits to Diageo to fund his embattled Kingfisher airline.
Bacardi has confirmed the retirement of its CFO, Jacques Croisetière.
Diageo has appointed a logistics director for Western Europe - a newly-created role.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has denied suggestions in a recent news article that it has changed the recipe of Budweiser in the US.
Price increases managed to offset light volumes in Anheuser-Busch InBev's latest results, but the brewer is struggling over margin pressures, an analyst has warned.
AG Barr has less to lose than Britvic if the possible merger between the two groups does not happen, according to an analyst.
This year's global wine harvest will be the lowest in 37 years due to ongoing declines and bad weather in Europe's main producer regions, new figures show.
Beam Inc has reaffirmed its previous estimate for this year's profits, as it reported healthy numbers in the year-to-date.
Boston Beer Company does not plan to lower its prices despite 'value' craft beers creating a bigger and extra competitive market for the category.
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Interview: Distell Vineyards & Estates' CEO
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- NPD - DeLeon Tequila's Platinum and Reposado
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research