just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) says it expects its first-half earnings to fall by around 20%, but full-year profits should recover to mid single-digits.
Minimum pricing is likely to cause more problems than it will fix by increasing the size of the UK's black market, the author of a new report has warned.
The US spirits market is seeing a return to price/mix growth helped by premiumisation and is expected to see volume gains of around 3.5% in fiscal 2012, according to an analyst.
C&C Group has agreed a deal to acquire US-based craft cider producer Vermont Hard Cider Company.
Monster Beverage Corp is facing a potential crisis after filings released by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) cited its energy drinks in the deaths of five people in the country since 2007.
Anheuser-Busch InBev looks set to launch new stronger 'black' variants of five of its established lager brands in the US.
Ongoing travails in Western Europe, in Spain in particular, could hit Heineken's earnings in 2013, an analyst has warned.
Fears of a slowdown in Asia will be reinforced by Pernod Ricard's "cautious" noises on the region, an analyst has warned.
The new head of Bruichladdich Distillery has said that the Scotch producer accepted Remy Cointreau's takeover bid because the French firm did not have a presence in whisky and would not tell the Scotch firm how to operate.
E&J Gallo has acquired the rights to vodka brand Shakers, the company has confirmed to just-drinks.
In this month's management briefing, Ben Cooper looks at the alcoholic drinks industry's attempts to reduce alcohol harm and promote responsible consumption. Part one of this four-part briefing consid...
The fourth and final part of this month's management briefing sees Ben Cooper consider how the future looks for the drinks industry's attempts to deal with alcohol harm and responsible consumption....
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research