just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
Molson Coors has announced a raft of executive appointments as it absorbs its recently-purchased StarBev division in central Europe with its UK & Ireland operations.
Accolade Wines is moving the distribution of its Australian brands in North America in-house, away from Constellation Brands.
Brown-Forman is ready to dip into a US$3bn warchest to fund a whiskey or vodka acquisition, an analyst has said.
UK drinks supplier Waverley TBS has fallen into administration.
Scotch whisky exports rose in value by 12% to GBP4.2bn (US$6.78bn) in the year to the end of June, with the US remaining the biggest international market, latest figures show.
Drinks firms - including Diageo and Heineken - are in talks with Waverley TBS and its administrators over unpaid stock held by the UK wholesaler, just-drinks understands.
The EU agricultural commissioner has said “liberalisation is not an option” for Europe's vineyards as the row over planting rights continues.
The trade body for Europe's spirits industry has branded a spirits range from German firm G-Spirits that is poured over the breasts of glamour models before bottling as “outrageous and distasteful”.
Constellation Brands has reported a drop in first-half profits, but says it remains "excited" by the prospect of taking full ownership of Crown Imports.
Glenfiddich-owner William Grant & Sons has recorded its highest-ever sales, with brands topping GBP1bn for the first time.
Earlier this month, Bacardi announced the launch of Dewar's Highlander Honey in the US. The move has ruffled feathers in Scotland, where the heritage and provenance of Scotch whisky is almost an obses...
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- This week in spirits & wine
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Beam Suntory's Laphroaig Brodir - NPD
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts