just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
Molson Coors has announced a raft of executive appointments as it absorbs its recently-purchased StarBev division in central Europe with its UK & Ireland operations.
Accolade Wines is moving the distribution of its Australian brands in North America in-house, away from Constellation Brands.
Brown-Forman is ready to dip into a US$3bn warchest to fund a whiskey or vodka acquisition, an analyst has said.
UK drinks supplier Waverley TBS has fallen into administration.
Scotch whisky exports rose in value by 12% to GBP4.2bn (US$6.78bn) in the year to the end of June, with the US remaining the biggest international market, latest figures show.
Drinks firms - including Diageo and Heineken - are in talks with Waverley TBS and its administrators over unpaid stock held by the UK wholesaler, just-drinks understands.
The EU agricultural commissioner has said “liberalisation is not an option” for Europe's vineyards as the row over planting rights continues.
The trade body for Europe's spirits industry has branded a spirits range from German firm G-Spirits that is poured over the breasts of glamour models before bottling as “outrageous and distasteful”.
Constellation Brands has reported a drop in first-half profits, but says it remains "excited" by the prospect of taking full ownership of Crown Imports.
Glenfiddich-owner William Grant & Sons has recorded its highest-ever sales, with brands topping GBP1bn for the first time.
Earlier this month, Bacardi announced the launch of Dewar's Highlander Honey in the US. The move has ruffled feathers in Scotland, where the heritage and provenance of Scotch whisky is almost an obses...
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Coca-Cola to get boost from Monster in China
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Tequila set for export boost after record 2014
- Thailand pulls back from New Year alcohol ban
- India's Kerala state to ease alcohol restrictions