just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
- US/RUSSIA: Central European Distribution Corporation appoints Russian Standard founder interim president
Central European Distribution Corporation (CEDC) has appointed Russian Standard founder, Roustam Tariko, interim president to deepen ties between the former vodka rivals.
Heineken has launched a teaser trailer for its upcoming multiplatform tie-up with new James Bond movie Skyfall.
The Coca-Cola Co has promoted an internal candidate to be ther new president of its Japanese unit.
Argentinian wine group Inversora Agroindustrial Sudamericana has completed the purchase of the Argento Wine Company from Bibendum for an undisclosed sum.
The Czech government has ramped up an emergency crackdown on bootleg alcohol and issued a blanket ban on spirits above 20% abv.
Heineken has secured the approval of ThaiBev for its planned takeover of Asian Pacific Breweries.
Suntory has confirmed that it will up its distribution of Beam Inc's spirits brands in Japan, but will drop Brown-Forman.
Brown-Forman has appointed a new managing director for its China division.
The creditors and bond holders of Belvedere have approved proposals for the settlement of liabilities.
Stratford's Wine Agencies has confirmed that it has entered into administration, but that a buyer has been found.
This second part of the management briefing for March looks at the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats for drinks companies in the area of logistics for drinks companies in Russia....
Heineken last week announced plans to build a 1.5m-litre capacity brewery in Ethiopia, which, with the second-largest population in Africa, is a major focus for international brewers....
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Pernod Ricard's Allegro cost-saving programme
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- Pernod Ricard set for CMO switch
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Scotch whisky leaders sign pro-UK letter
- Wine Australia reports death of UK, Europe boss