just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
Pernod Ricard has narrowly beaten two Chinese white spirits makers to be crowned the leading beverage company in Forbes magazine's latest rundown of the world's most innovative companies.
Japanese brewer Sapporo Holdings is to invest about US$2.5bn over the next five years with an eye on foreign acquisitions.
Australian Vintage has confirmed the appointment of a new GM for the UK & Europe after losing the previous incumbent to Accolade Wines earlier this year.
The head of Carlsberg has said the group is not looking to raise its geographical profile by moving into Africa or Latin America.
The Coca-Cola Co has revealed a raft of executive job changes in line with a new corporate structure taking effect from January.
Diageo has moved to defend once again its rum partnership with the US Virgin Islands, after renewed calls for a review of the tie-up that sees it benefit from rebates on some of the rum it sells in the US.
ThaiBev, along with its partner TCC Assets, has confirmed it will make a cash offer of around SGD9bn (US$7.2bn) for Fraser & Neave (F&N).
New York City's health board today (13 September) gave the green light to a ban on large-sized sugary drinks in a move widely predicted by the industry.
The Czech government has banned spirits sales from street stands in a bid to halt a spate of methanol poisonings that is believed to have killed 19 people.
French wine and spirits exports posted a healthy rise in the first half of this year, according to recently-released data.
There's a seminal moment in the film Manhattan when Woody Allen turns to his girlfriend and says: "Relationships are like sharks: they have to move forwards in order to survive. And what we have on ou...
What do Bacardi, Diageo and Pernod Ricard have in common? Aside from the obvious, Ian Buxton proffers that they share the same problem when it comes to Bourbon, and that's their lack of it....
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- This week in spirits & wine
- Luxury rum heads for slowdown as US growth stalls
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts