just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
Gruppo Campari has lined up the third largest purchase in its history, with the acquisition of majority control of Lascelles deMercado & Co, parent company of the Appleton Estate and Wray & Nephew rum brands.
Beam Inc has launched two of its Australian RTDs in a five-litre keg format ahead of the summer events season.
Multinational alcoholic drinks companies should look to cultivate a local brand presence in emerging markets going forward, according to an industry analyst.
Pernod Ricard has defended itself against charges levelled by an analyst last week, claiming that Diageo is seen as a more attractive investment vehicle, thanks to the latter's stronger activity in the M&A arena.
A merger between Britvic and AG Barr “makes a lot of sense”, an analyst has said, with “management mishaps” such as the Fruit Shoot product recall forcing Britvic into a corner.
SABMiller has called time on the current formula for its Victoria Bitter brand in Australia, after the beer lost its market leadership status earlier this year.
PepsiCo has declined to comment on its role in a proposed merger between UK soft drinks companies Britvic and AG Barr.
Wine growth outpaced spirits and beer in the US last year as consumers increasingly viewed it as a drink for all occasions, according to recently-released research.
Fraser & Neave has set a date for a shareholder vote on Heineken's offer for its stake in their brewing joint venture, Asia Pacific Breweries.
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) has completed its takeover of a former Foster's Group Pacific Islands brewery and distillery for AUD58m (US$60m).
What do Bacardi, Diageo and Pernod Ricard have in common? Aside from the obvious, Ian Buxton proffers that they share the same problem when it comes to Bourbon, and that's their lack of it....
Earlier this month, UK pharmaceutical and "consumer healthcare" conglomerate GSK took a look at its Lucozade and Ribena brands, and set itself a choice: Does it sell the two, or does it look at settin...
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Heineken 2012-2016 - results data
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends