just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
Carlsberg has reported a healthy rise in first-half net profits due to the sale of its former brewery site in Copenhagen, while its market share in the Russian beer market grew.
PepsiCo is set to move its Western Europe head into the newly-created role of PepsiCo Americas Beverages president.
Shareholders of The New Zealand Wine Company (NZWC) have given the green light for Foley Family Wines to take an 80% stake in the group.
E&J Gallo is to buy Courtside Cellars' San Miguel winery to boost its growth in California's Central Coast.
Treasury Wine Estates has appointed an internal candidate to fill the role of managing director for its Beringer unit.
Heineken is moving US distribution of Strongbrow in-house as it aims to "accelerate" the brand's growth and capitalise on the country's fast-growing cider market.
ThaiBev has upped its stake in Singapore conglomerate Fraser & Neave to 26.2%, according to a regulatory filing.
Castle Brands has delivered a major slowdown of losses in its first quarter, boosted by a surge in rum sales.
Welch's has rejected allegations its fruit-based products, including juices, fail to justify the health claims on their labelling.
Tsingtao Brewery Co's premium brands outpaced first-half growth in lower-margin labels as China's economic slowdown cooled the country's beer market.
The boss of Dr Pepper Snapple Group has said he will not let "threats" to the industry over obesity concerns affect the group's volumes. ...
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's H1 Performance by Brand
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"