just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
Former New Zealand Winegrowers' director for Europe, David Cox, has told just-drinks he resigned from the body as he felt "the time was right to move on".
Whyte & Mackay has today (16 July) been fined GBP9,000 (US$14,065) after pleading guilty to leaking nearly 20,000 litres of oil into a protected habitat for birds.
SABMiller is expected to report "modest" Q1 figures next week due to constrained production in Africa and challenges in Europe, an analyst has predicted.
Carlsberg's attempt to buy up the remaining shares in Russia's Baltika Breweries has moved a step closer, following approval of the shares' delisting.
A rollout of smaller package offerings has helped The Coca-Cola Co counter China's lowest growth rate in three years, according to company chairman & CEO Muhtar Kent.
The Scotch Whisky Associtiation (SWA) has launched a major European and domestic legal challenge to Scotland's plans for minimum pricing, backed by two other trade bodies.
Vinexpo's postponed New York consumer wine show may move to a city outside of the US, organisers have said.
The worst is over for Britvic, an analyst has said, but other market watchers were less sanguine in the wake of the UK soft drinks firm's Q3 numbers today.
Heineken has made a bid to take full control of Asia Pacific Breweries (APB) by offering to buy its joint venture partner Fraser and Neave's stake for SGD5.1bn (US$4.07bn).
Analysts have welcomed Rémy Cointreau's strong start to the fiscal year, but warned not to read too much into a traditionally small first quarter.
Last year, just-drinks travelled to the US to report on Diageo's investor conference. The subject of the presentations was the company's hopes and plans for the Latin America & Caribbean region. While...
Hartwall plans to cut up to 8% of its staff and outsource part of its sales work, the Heineken-owned brewer has said....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts