just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
Remy Cointreau has entered into "exclusive negotiations" with Bruichladdich Distillery Company with a view to buying the Scotch whisky producer outright.
The CEO of Central European Distribution Corporation (CEDC) has stepped down from the role, as the spirits company has confirmed its tie-up with Russian Standard.
Asahi Group's attempts to catch up on domestic rivals in the global market may heat up as cash flows increase and home growth is squeezed, an analyst has said.
Diageo has confirmed that its vodka marketing director for Western Europe, Simon Breckon, has left the company, after less than a year in the role.
An online video claiming that The Coca-Cola Company is planning to start selling its flagship cola in branded plastic bags is a fake, the company has revealed.
Britvic has admitted it has been unable to "speedily resolve" the issues around the recall of its Robinsons Fruit Shoot and Fruit Shoot Hydropacks and the situation could now hit profits by up to GBP25m (US38.9m).
Asia Pacific Breweries is set to enter the Mongolian vodka market through a JV with Grandkhaan Holdings in the country.
Bacardi has recruited a former member of Diageo's executive team to become its chief commercial officer.
Carlsberg Sweden is making a move into craft beer with the launch a new "craft-style lager" - the first brew to come from its Backyard Brewery concept.
Pernod Ricard has continued its debt-reduction strategy, with the divestment of several non-core European spirits brands to Arcus-Gruppen.
Last year, just-drinks travelled to the US to report on Diageo's investor conference. The subject of the presentations was the company's hopes and plans for the Latin America & Caribbean region. While...
This month, Ian Buxton takes a look at an idea that, should it come to fruition, will send shockwaves through the Scotch whisky industry. In Scotland, he notes, there seems to be water, water everywhe...
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Interview: Distell Vineyards & Estates' CEO
- just Five Years Ago - The Birth of Accolade Wines
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- NPD - DeLeon Tequila's Platinum and Reposado
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- Beam Suntory appoints chief HR officer
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research