just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
Remy Cointreau has entered into "exclusive negotiations" with Bruichladdich Distillery Company with a view to buying the Scotch whisky producer outright.
The CEO of Central European Distribution Corporation (CEDC) has stepped down from the role, as the spirits company has confirmed its tie-up with Russian Standard.
Asahi Group's attempts to catch up on domestic rivals in the global market may heat up as cash flows increase and home growth is squeezed, an analyst has said.
Diageo has confirmed that its vodka marketing director for Western Europe, Simon Breckon, has left the company, after less than a year in the role.
An online video claiming that The Coca-Cola Company is planning to start selling its flagship cola in branded plastic bags is a fake, the company has revealed.
Britvic has admitted it has been unable to "speedily resolve" the issues around the recall of its Robinsons Fruit Shoot and Fruit Shoot Hydropacks and the situation could now hit profits by up to GBP25m (US38.9m).
Asia Pacific Breweries is set to enter the Mongolian vodka market through a JV with Grandkhaan Holdings in the country.
Bacardi has recruited a former member of Diageo's executive team to become its chief commercial officer.
Carlsberg Sweden is making a move into craft beer with the launch a new "craft-style lager" - the first brew to come from its Backyard Brewery concept.
Pernod Ricard has continued its debt-reduction strategy, with the divestment of several non-core European spirits brands to Arcus-Gruppen.
Last year, just-drinks travelled to the US to report on Diageo's investor conference. The subject of the presentations was the company's hopes and plans for the Latin America & Caribbean region. While...
This month, Ian Buxton takes a look at an idea that, should it come to fruition, will send shockwaves through the Scotch whisky industry. In Scotland, he notes, there seems to be water, water everywhe...
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research