just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
The global premium beer market is set for growth over the coming four years, according to a recently-published report from just-drinks.
Carlsberg CEO Jørgen Buhl Rasmussen has admitted that the brewer has too many brands and that he would prefer see at least 100 fewer in its global portfolio.
Pernod Ricard has announced a raft of executive appointments that will see changes of leadership at its Martell Mumm Perrier-Jouët and Absolut divisions, as well as its US and Brazil units.
Remy Cointreau has reported a major jump in full-year profits buoyed by double-digit growth in Asia-Pacific and the US.
Carlsberg is investing RMB5bn (US$782m) in building a major new brewery in the south of China to take futher advantage of the world's biggest beer market.
A plan to ban large sugary soft drinks in New York has taken a step closer after the city’s health board voted to put the proposal out for public review, according to local reports.
A public row has broken out between the European Commission and the European Union’s financial watchdog over whether the European Community wasted money by simultaneously funding the grubbing up and improvement of vineyards in the region.
Beijing Yanjing Brewery Co has pulled out of the battle to acquire control of China’s Kingway Brewery, according to reports.
The Coca-Cola Co is planning to start trading in Myanmar, also known as Burma, where it has not had a presence for around 60 years.
Whyte & Mackay has moved to clarify reports that it is suffering from cash-flow issues, having brought forward scheduled maintenance closures at its five Scotch whisky distilleries.
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research