just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
Diageo has announced plans to invest heavily in its Scotch whisky operations and has lined up the construction of another distillery in Scotland.
Tsingtao Brewery is linking up with Japanese brewer and distiller Suntory Holdings to boost its “competitiveness” in the beer markets of Shanghai and neighbouring Jiangsu province.
Ascentia Wine Estates is understood to have completed its exit from the industry after selling its Columbia Winery and Covey Run brands to E&J Gallo Winery for an undisclosed sum.
Suntory Holdings subsidiary Suntory Beverage & Food Asia is planning to produce beverages in India, a spokesperson has told just-drinks.
Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey still has a “long way to go” in the US, with brand recognition currently only a third of its parent brand and opportunities to expand into the on-trade and more international markets, according to owner Brown-Forman.
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) is to buy the Foster's Group's non-alcohol brands as part of its rights acquired from the fallout of SABMiller's takeover of Foster's last year.
New dessert flavours have boosted vodka's continung popularity in the US spirits market, while whiskey's resurgence continues unabated, according to an analyst's study of the country's fastest-growing spirits brands.
The Coca-Cola Co has launched a global advertising campaign for its Coke Zero brand.
Diageo has acquired the Cabin Fever maple-flavoured whisky brand from the Robillard family in the US.
Heineken has further boosted its position in cider by acquiring Belgian producer Stassen from its management for an undisclosed sum.
Earlier today (5 December), Diageo hosted a briefing on its position in the vodka category. Here, just-drinks looks at the numbers for the sector as a whole, and Diageo's three global vodka brands....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Analysis - Cider's Campaign Gains
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Edrington posts FY profits drop
- Beam Suntory to re-package Courvoisier Cognac
- Pernod Ricard appoints Absolut Vodka VP
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research