just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
More wine drinkers in the UK are choosing a brand they know or like, ahead of a bottle on special offer, according to a new survey.
ThaiBev has reported a major jump in profits during the first quarter of 2012, driven by a strong performance from its spirits business and the acquisition of drinks bottler Serm Suk.
Europe's wineries face a mixed fallout from a partial break-up of the eurozone, according to one expert.
Sazerac Co has agreed to buy an additional raft of spirits brands from White Rock Distilleries for an undisclosed sum, following a similar sale last year.
Pernod Ricard's performance in the Scotch whisky category is being held back by its lack of presence in Latin America and Africa, while Diageo is reaping the rewards from its coverage in the growth markets, according to an analyst.
Coca-Cola is still the world's top drinks brand, according to an annual survey.
The Tesco category director for beer wine & spirits has criticised the wine industry for its lack of innovation and failure to communicate properly with consumers.
Britvic remains a “robust business model” and will benefit from the UK's summer of high-profile events in its second half, according to an analyst.
SABMiller has reported a significant jump in full-year profits, boosted by strong growth in Latin American and Africa, but developed markets remain a struggle.
The Scotch Whisky Association (SWA) has told just-drinks it “expects” a legal challenge to be launched against Scotland's plans for minimum pricing, but would not be drawn on whether the trade body itself will launch action.
Of course, we all knew it was going to happen. Didn't we? Since almost exactly four years ago, when United Spirits and Diageo confirmed that they were discussing a partnership in India, it was alwa...
It was a merger everyone knew was coming. So, when AG Barr and Britvic announced the imminent arrival of Barr Britvic Soft Drinks yesterday (15 November), all that was left for analysts and commentato...
The head of Indian alcohol production and retail company the Wave Group was shot dead in Delhi last weekend....
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Pernod launches pomegranate whisky drink
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research