just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
Asahi Group will buy Japanese soft-drinks maker Calpis for JPY120bn (US$1.5bn), the company said today (8 May).
Sales of carbonated soft drinks (CSDs) in China are forecast to reach around 20.6bn litres by 2016, representing growth of 47% against 2011, according to a recently-published Mintel report.
Molson Coors' buyout of StarBev was the best deal for shareholders, according to the head of the North American brewer.
Carlsberg has “scope for improvements” in the year ahead, after reporting a significant Q1 loss of DKK76m (US$13.2m), according to analysts.
The Coca-Cola Co has helped create a new McDonald's fruit drink that will launch in the UK next Wednesday (16 May).
Bacardi Brown-Forman is launching Brown Forman's honey version of its Jack Daniel's whiskey brand in the UK this month – the first major product innovation for the brand in 14 years.
Beam Inc has welcomed a ruling by an appeals court in the US upholding its red wax trademark for the Maker's Mark Bourbon brand.
Russia's vodka market will consolidate, more through smaller players going to the wall than through acquisitions, the head of Central European Distribution Corp (CEDC) has forecast.
Jones Soda is gearing up for the key summer selling season by maintaining first-quarter losses versus a year earlier, despite a drop in sales.
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- Focus - The Risks of Acquisitions
- Will South Africa Raise Drinking Age to 21?
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Roust takes on Bushmills distribution in Russia
- Brown-Forman completes Kentucky acquisition
- Campari opens office in Canada
- Coca-Cola, A-B InBev express FIFA concerns
- Diageo silent on United Spirits inspection
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review