just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
SABMiller has confirmed a string of senior management changes that will see chief executive Graham Mackay stand down next year.
Beam Inc has confirmed that it will acquire the Pinnacle vodka and Calico Jack rum brands from White Rock Distilleries for US$605m.
Russian Standard has agreed to pump up to US$310m into Central European Distribution Corporation in a move which could see the Russian firm take a 28% stake in its vodka rival.
The departure of SABMiller's CEO next year, to become chairman, could represent a missed opportunity to get some external perspective, an analyst has suggested.
Remy Cointreau has posted a healthy rise in full-year sales for the 12 months to the end of March, despite a tough fourth quarter.
Wine consumption in India is expected to grow year-on-year and could reach 2.4m nine-litre cases by 2020, according to The IWSR.
Diageo has declined to comment on the latest report out of India claiming that the drinks giant is back in talks to buy a stake in United Spirits.
Coca-Cola Enterprises has reported slight lifts in first-quarter net sales and profits, despite a 0.5% slip in volumes in the period.
Pernod Ricard is unlikely to engage in any large-scale M&A activity in the short term, despite completing its refinancing programme, according to an analyst.
Anheuser-Busch InBev's global chief marketing officer, Chris Burggraeve, has stepped down from his post.
This third - and penultimate - part of October's management briefing, looking at the logistics landscape, shines the light on Asia Pacific....
In the final part of this month's management briefing, the spotlight moves to the logistic set-ups in the Middle East and South Africa....
Pete Brown has been lied to. This has rattled his cage somewhat. He doesn't like being lied to, and nor, he suggests, do beer consumers. Especially when it comes to the small matter of provenance....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015