just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
SABMiller has confirmed a string of senior management changes that will see chief executive Graham Mackay stand down next year.
Beam Inc has confirmed that it will acquire the Pinnacle vodka and Calico Jack rum brands from White Rock Distilleries for US$605m.
Russian Standard has agreed to pump up to US$310m into Central European Distribution Corporation in a move which could see the Russian firm take a 28% stake in its vodka rival.
The departure of SABMiller's CEO next year, to become chairman, could represent a missed opportunity to get some external perspective, an analyst has suggested.
Remy Cointreau has posted a healthy rise in full-year sales for the 12 months to the end of March, despite a tough fourth quarter.
Wine consumption in India is expected to grow year-on-year and could reach 2.4m nine-litre cases by 2020, according to The IWSR.
Diageo has declined to comment on the latest report out of India claiming that the drinks giant is back in talks to buy a stake in United Spirits.
Coca-Cola Enterprises has reported slight lifts in first-quarter net sales and profits, despite a 0.5% slip in volumes in the period.
Pernod Ricard is unlikely to engage in any large-scale M&A activity in the short term, despite completing its refinancing programme, according to an analyst.
Anheuser-Busch InBev's global chief marketing officer, Chris Burggraeve, has stepped down from his post.
This third - and penultimate - part of October's management briefing, looking at the logistics landscape, shines the light on Asia Pacific....
In the final part of this month's management briefing, the spotlight moves to the logistic set-ups in the Middle East and South Africa....
Pete Brown has been lied to. This has rattled his cage somewhat. He doesn't like being lied to, and nor, he suggests, do beer consumers. Especially when it comes to the small matter of provenance....
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Pernod takes Absolut Warhol push to Travel Retail
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014