just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
A forecast fall in malted barley prices would benefit brewers such as Carlsberg and Heineken, due to their large exposure to Western Europe, according to a drinks analyst.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has confirmed that it will spend US$1.24bn to combine its Dominican Republic operations with those of Grupo León Jimenes, the majority owner of Cerveceria Nacional Dominicana (CND).
Tequila sales hit a record high in 2010, with global shipments rising by 4.8% to 23.87m from 22.77m cases in 2009.
The head of Coca-Cola Co has said that the company will continue to expand in Asia, despite conceding that China is suffering from a slowdown.
The CFO of Heineken has taken another pot-shot at rival Carlsberg, claiming the Denmark-based brewer is not behaving like a market leader in the Russian beer market.
Carlsberg has refused to be drawn on criticism from Heineken over the implementation of price increases on beer in Russia.
LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton has posted a healthy leap in sales for the first three months of 2012.
The Coca-Cola Co is set to use technology from Spotify on its Facebook page and in its online ad campaigns.
SABMiller is going to need time to turn around the recently-acquired Foster's Group brewing unit in Australia, according to an analyst.
The head of Drinkaware, the UK alcohol education charity, has announced his intention to stand down.
This third - and penultimate - part of October's management briefing, looking at the logistics landscape, shines the light on Asia Pacific....
And now, the end is near, and the Dutch cat has almost got the Asian cream....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Sustainability in Wine - Part II
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Coca-Cola Co promotes CEO's assistant to sales job
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018