just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
One of the more cutthroat sectors in the drinks industry is the vodka category. In recent years, the cocktail boom in markets such as the US has prompted the launches of new vodkas on an almost weekly basis. With so many brands around, James Boulton, creative director of branding development specialists Claessens International, gives his opinon on how you can make your brand stand out from the crowd.
The head of the Confederation of Indian Alcoholic Beverage Companies (CIABC) has warned that the thorny issue of imported alcohol duty is no nearer to being resolved.
Heineken's Americas boss has predicted that the premium beer sector will account for 20% of the beer markets in Brazil and Mexico over the next ten years.
Craft brewing in the US bucked the downward trend for the country's larger brewers last year, according to recent figures.
Scotch Whisky exports hit a record GBP4.2bn (US$6.7m) in shipment value last year, up 23% on 2010, latest figures have revealed.
SABMiller is predicting volume growth of between 1% and 3% in its Australian beer and cider business in the next three to five years, but believes there is a major opportunity to turnaround the recently-acquired Foster's brand.
Neither Heineken nor the UB Group have been drawn on speculation suggesting that the Dutch brewer is poised to raise its stake in UB's United Breweries unit.
William Grant & Sons has finally confirmed that it intends to build a new distillery for its Tullamore Dew whiskey brand in Ireland.
The Coca-Cola Co has opened its biggest bottling plant in China, its 42nd in the country.
Diageo has announced a change of MD at its Global Travel and Middle East (GTME) division.
And now, the end is near, and the Dutch cat has almost got the Asian cream....
The future remains bright for the energy drinks category, according to Richard Haffner....
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- US drives Cognac export turnaround - figures
- Heineken adds to UK on-trade footprint
- Brewers of Europe recruits communications director
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research