just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
SABMiller's Accra Brewery Ltd has started full production of Chibuku opaque beer at its brewery in Ghana.
Berry Bros & Rudd Spirits and Global Brands have confirmed a parting of the ways in the UK.
Diageo has been given the green light to launch a tender offer for the remaining shares in Shuijingfang in China.
European spirits producers have warned that pricing controls, such as minimum pricing, are not the “silver bullet” for tackling alcohol harm and are "too simplistic".
The head of SABMiller's operations in Africa has said that the scramble for mergers & acquisitions in the continent's brewing category is pretty much over.
Major growth rates in emerging markets will mean these regions will rise to represent a third of the Coca-Cola Co's global business by 2020, a senior company representative has forecast.
The UK drinks industry has come out in force against today's UK Budget, which sees a continuation of the alcohol duty escalator.
The head of Danone says he expects volume sales from its bottled water division to remain “resilient”, but warned that Western European markets continue to be “of concern” for the wider business.
Drinks producers have attacked the UK government’s plans to introduce a minimum price as “misguided” and “regressive”.
C&C Group is looking to exit the UK's white cider category, just-drinks understands.
Many brands in the drinks industry rely on strong connections with their country of origin. James Boulton, creative and managing director of branding specialist Claessens International, discusses how ...
You'll have seen, I'm sure, the wave upon wave of Diageo-related speculation in recent months regarding the company's relationships with both the owners of Jose Cuervo Tequila and India's United Spiri...
Carlsberg was keen to put on a show in Russia last week. The Danish company had invited the analyst community to its main Baltika brewery in St Petersburg and wanted to reassure folk that, despite rec...
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Heineken to cut jobs in global shake-up
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- Bacardi Brown-Forman here to stay
- Carlsberg takes on Stella Artois in new campaign
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Heineken N.V. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly