just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
PepsiCo has named former senior Wal-Mart executive Brian Cornell as head of its Americas Foods division, promoting the unit's CEO, John Compton, to group president.
The boss of Gruppo Campari has defended the company's decision not to offer discounts on its Skyy vodka brand in the US, despite competitors going "lower and lower”.
Diageo's Johnnie Walker Platinum Label, Gold Reserve
SPI Group has switched distributors for its Stolichnaya vodka brand in Australia due to previous dealer Suntory working with competitor brand Russian Standard.
MillerCoors has changed the name of its MGD 64 low-calorie beer variant in the US to Miller64.
Global Champagne exports rose 7% last year with shipments to China and Russia rising significantly but the UK market falling slightly, latest figures reveal.
The battle to acquire control of China's Kingway Brewery is unlikely to turn ugly, with none of the three front-runners prepared to enter a bidding war, according to an analyst.
Bacardi has confirmed that it will promote Mike Birch to lead its global travel retail division.
The UK arm of Pernod Ricard has launched an off-trade initiative in the country, aimed at attracting more consumers to its premium wines to help stem overall market decline.
Big Rock Brewery has appointed a new CEO after founder Ed McNally stepped down from the position.
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015