just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
Emerging markets may be increasingly driving Diageo's growth, but consumer demand for luxury spirits is universal, according to the firm's CEO, Paul Walsh.
Grupo Modelo has ignored its corporate ties with Anheuser-Busch InBev to sign Carlsberg as its importer in China.
Grupo Modelo has said it intends to enter Brazil's beer market and expects to face tougher competition from Heineken-owned FEMSA Cerveza at home in Mexico.
United Spirits has said that selling a stake in Whyte & Mackay is one of several ways it might seek to raise finance, but no decision has been taken.
The Coca-Cola Co has defended its use of private investigators to track potential protests by animal rights group PETA in the lead-up to the 2010 Olympic Winter Games.
Belvedere has declined to say whether its Sobieski vodka is among its brands up for sale, following a report that the group has received interest in its star product.
Diageo has appointed its North America president, Ivan Menezes, to the position of global chief operating officer.
Beam Inc's VP of operations in India has said that its ready-to-drink Teacher's Scotch whisky is poised to steal share from premium beer in the country.
Worsening full-year losses have convinced Central European Distribution Corp that it cannot pay short-term debt from its current resources, but it is still mulling strategic options.
Carlsberg has confirmed that its CEO and CFO both had their salaries cut by almost a third last year, after the brewer saw its profits slip in 2011.
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research