just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
Carlsberg faces an uphill battle to persuade analysts that it can rejuvenate its Russian beer business this year, following a tumultuous 2011.
Marblehead Brand Development is looking to develop its own Polish flavoured-vodka range, once it loses the UK distribution rights for Zubrowka to William Grant & Sons' First Drinks division.
Diageo is to run an outdoor advertising campaign for the vanilla-flavoured variant of its Smirnoff vodka brand.
The CEO of Pernod Ricard has voiced his disappointment with the performance of Havana Club in the first half of the company's fiscal year.
SABMiller's MD for Europe believes that beer consumption can still rebound in the hard-hit region, but is concerned that mainstream brewers are "driving blandness".
CVC Capital is understood to have received takeover interest in its StarBev brewing arm.
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) said it has high expectations of entering brewing again following the sale of its 50% stake in Pacific Beverages to SABMiller.
Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) has said it is confident its business model can handle any shift in European consumption patterns that may occur as a result of the continent's slow economic recovery.
Gruppo Campari is to build a US$44m bottling plant at its Wild Turkey Bourbon Distillery in the US.
Monster Beverage Corp has recorded an increase in full-year profits and said it will continue to enter new markets worldwide.
How do you define a truly international brand? And does it matter. Can it be decided purely on volumes? Patience Gould digs out her atlas as she ponders the issue...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts