just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
Sapporo Holdings has further integrated the Pokka Corp business by merging the unit with its own non-alcoholic beverage business.
China will drive global beer sales in 2012, but growing numbers of brewers will look to expand into cider and ready-to-drink products, Rabobank analysts have predicted.
Prices for California wine grapes hit record highs in 2011 following a smaller harvest, adding to commodity cost pressure on wine firms, new figures show.
French wine and spirits exports rose by 10.5% in value and 2.4% in volume in 2011, mainly thanks to Cognac and Bordeaux wine demand in Asia, according to trade body FEVS.
The UK & Global senior corporate affairs director at Anheuser-Busch InBev has left the company.
Dr Pepper Snapple Group (DPSG) said it believes that the Dr Pepper Ten brand has staying power, despite the variant recording flat volumes in 2011.
Heineken has already closed 46 breweries and maltings across Europe in the last decade, but there are more cuts to come as the brewer seeks to fuel its drive into Africa and Latin America.
Molson Coors has reported a drop in full-year profits, despite higher beer sales.
Pernod Ricard's CEO, Pierre Pringuet, has said that Europe remains a "bastion" for the group, despite seeing growth increasingly driven by so-called emerging markets.
After several years of pursuing overseas acquisitions, Kirin Holdings' immediate priority is to consolidate its assets and cut debt.
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research