just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
Central European Distribution Corp will be the exclusive distributor for La Martiniquaise's Label 5 Scotch whisky in Russia, the drinks group has announced.
UB Group's financial difficulties have lead to reports that it is again mulling a stock listing for Whyte & Mackay, as the pressure grows for greater outside investment in the firm's spirits and beer businesses.
C&C Group has created an international MD role as fresh figures show that the company's Magners cider is enjoying strong export sales.
The Australian Beverages Council has dismissed a call by the Australian Medical Association (AMA) for greater regulations of energy drinks.
Cognac exports broke the EUR2bn (US$2.6bn) barrier for the first time in 2011, according to figures from trade body BNIC, driven mainly by China's thirst for the premium French spirit.
PepsiCo has formed an alliance with Ocean Spray Cranberries for the manufacture and distribution of fruit-based drinks in Latin America.
Kraft Foods is to cut around 1,600 jobs across North America as it prepares to split the business into two.
Pernod Ricard has lined up a global price rise and packaging upgrade for its Plymouth Gin brand.
Cognac sales ahead of Chinese New Year have driven Remy Cointreau to a strong sales increase in the first nine months of its fiscal year.
Africa, Asia and Latin America have propelled SABMiller to a rise in beer sales in its fiscal third quarter, as Europe and North America remained troubled and the newly-acquired Foster's business lost market share.
Central European Distribution Corp has done the only thing that looked viable, as 'brand Russia' in vodka moves a step nearer to reality....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Editor's Viewpoint – What I've Learnt About Chile
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review