just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
Central European Distribution Corp will be the exclusive distributor for La Martiniquaise's Label 5 Scotch whisky in Russia, the drinks group has announced.
UB Group's financial difficulties have lead to reports that it is again mulling a stock listing for Whyte & Mackay, as the pressure grows for greater outside investment in the firm's spirits and beer businesses.
C&C Group has created an international MD role as fresh figures show that the company's Magners cider is enjoying strong export sales.
The Australian Beverages Council has dismissed a call by the Australian Medical Association (AMA) for greater regulations of energy drinks.
Cognac exports broke the EUR2bn (US$2.6bn) barrier for the first time in 2011, according to figures from trade body BNIC, driven mainly by China's thirst for the premium French spirit.
PepsiCo has formed an alliance with Ocean Spray Cranberries for the manufacture and distribution of fruit-based drinks in Latin America.
Kraft Foods is to cut around 1,600 jobs across North America as it prepares to split the business into two.
Pernod Ricard has lined up a global price rise and packaging upgrade for its Plymouth Gin brand.
Cognac sales ahead of Chinese New Year have driven Remy Cointreau to a strong sales increase in the first nine months of its fiscal year.
Africa, Asia and Latin America have propelled SABMiller to a rise in beer sales in its fiscal third quarter, as Europe and North America remained troubled and the newly-acquired Foster's business lost market share.
Central European Distribution Corp has done the only thing that looked viable, as 'brand Russia' in vodka moves a step nearer to reality....
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote