just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
France's Constitutional Council has approved a tax hike on added sugar soft drinks and a lesser rise on drinks containing sweeteners.
SPI Group has switched distributors for its Stolichnaya vodka portfolio in Ireland.
India will likely have to agree to lower import tariffs on wine and spirits if it wants to secure a free trade agreement with the European Union.
Paul Walsh has become a non-executive director at Avanti, further widening his reach beyond the CEO seat at Diageo.
The Coca-Cola Co and PepsiCo both lost market share to private label in Western Europe in the four weeks ended 4 December, according to Sanford Bernstein analysts.
The UK arm of Anheuser-Busch InBev has defended its use of a lobbying agency to remove references to the term 'wife beater' from the Wikipedia page for its Stella Artois lager brand.
Whyte & Mackay has reported sharp drops in sales and profits for its most recent full-year.
PepsiCo has denied reports that it is looking to cut around 4,000 jobs and reduce pension contributions in a bid to boost earnings.
Constellation Brands has said that it remains confident that wine sales will improve in the near future, amid signs that investors are nervous.
Carlsberg has said that it has "full confidence" in management at Chinese partner Chongqing Brewery, despite seeing the group's shares suspended from trading.
In the whisky category, it would appear that, while the big are getting bigger, the small are getting... more proliferative. This month, Ian Buxton considers the boom in craft distillers and flags up ...
For many observers, yesterday's speculation linking Anheuser-Busch InBev to a move for control of Grupo Modelo has come a bit sooner than expected. But, it has always been expected....
A fresh round of speculation has kicked off over whether Anheuser-Busch InBev will finally gets its paws on Mexican brewer Grupo Modelo....
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018