just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
SABMiller has begun the shake-up of its beer presence in Australia following its recent purchase of Foster's Group.
Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Co (CCHBC) has announced the appointment of a new CFO.
Christie's and Sotheby's have reported strong wine auction sales for 2011, but prices for the world's top wines have cooled in recent months amid the global economic malaise.
Ratings agency Moody's is considering a second downgrade for Central European Distribution Corp in as many months, amid concern that the drinks distributor could default on debt.
Diageo is edging closer to building a new Guinness brewery at its St James's Gate site in Ireland.
Heineken UK has said that it acted responsibly on pensions following news that the UK Pension Ombudsman will formally investigate complaints made against the brewer.
Kirin Holdings has said it is overhauling Schincariol's business plan in order to help the Brazilian brewer deliver annual net sales growth of 10%.
United Spirits has said that it will use foreign currency convertible bonds to raise cash to pay down high interest-bearing debt.
India's Government is set to reduce the import duty on wine and spirits from 150% to 50%.
Baltika Breweries unit has been named as the official beer supplier for the Winter Olympics in Russia in 2014.
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - Diageo Making the Best of a Bad Job?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research