just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
Europe's ongoing debt crisis is forcing drinks companies to consider how they might insulate themselves in the event of a break-up of the eurozone.
Diageo's Johnnie Walker Platinum Label
William Grant & Sons is set to switch distribution of its brands in the Netherlands from International Marques to Maxxium Netherlands.
SABMiller has said that it will extend the responsibilities of Ari Mervis, its current MD for Asia, to include Foster's Group.
The Coca-Cola Co is to acquire an additional 27.16% stake in Coca-Cola Central Japan Co (CCCJ) from Mitsubishi Corp.
Russia's Government will increase a defacto minimum price on vodka by around 70% over the next two years, as part of a duty tax escalator on alcoholic drinks.
- RUSSIA/US: Russian Standard proposes “strategic alliance” with Central European Distribution Corporation
Central European Distribution Corporation has confirmed receipt of a proposal from Russian Standard to up its stake in the US-based company to almost 30%, and form a “strategic alliance”.
The Coca-Cola Co has moved the secret formula for its namesake brand for the first time in 86 years.
Brown-Forman's CEO has voiced his excitement at a resurgent whisk(e)y market in the US, driven by consumers' taste for luxury and innovations around flavour.
Gruppo Campari will follow William Grant & Sons and Marnier-Lapostolle out of the three companies' International Marques distribution venture in the Netherlands, having announced a switch to Brand New Day.
- Scotch's Slipping Crown: Convenient for Diageo?
- Comment - Has Scotch Whisky Jumped the Shark?
- Can Beer Learn from Keurig and Nespresso?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD
- C&C Group 'puzzled' by Spirit Pub Co rejection
- Diageo partner Beckham turned down Beck's deal
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- EXCLUSIVE - Mast-Jaegermeister, TWE join watchdog
- Beam Suntory to roll out "Scotch-infused" Bourbon
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Wine in the United Kingdom
- Spirit Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts