just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
Beam has announced plans to consolidate its distribution network in Mexico.
Kirin Holdings has settled a dispute with Schincariol's remaining shareholders, after agreeing to buy them out for a collective BRL2.35bn (US$1.34bn).
United Spirits has reported strong double-digit rises in sales and profits for the first half of its fiscal year, lifted by both organic growth and the acquisition of Balaji Distilleries.
C&C Group is set to become the number two player in the US cider market by acquiring the Hornsby's brand from E&J Gallo Winery for an initial EUR16.4m (US$22.5m).
Europe will push world wine production slightly higher in 2011, according to a forecast from the International Organisation of Vine & Wine (OIV).
Carlsberg has attempted to reassure investors that it can steer its way out of trouble in Russia, but there is concern that the brewer does not have control over the accelerator pedal.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has said that it does not intend to close breweries in the US and is only part-way through a grand plan to refocus its beer business in the country.
Asia Pacific Breweries has highlighted healthy sales in Vietnam, Papua New Guinea and Sri Lanka as driving its full-year.
A European Commission plan to apply an 'Ecolabel' to food and drink sold in the European Union is facing opposition from leading consumer, environment and industry groups.
PepsiCo has delayed publication of a review of its business plan for 2012 "and beyond".
Allied Blenders & Distillers' Officer's Choice whisky brand overtook United Spirits' Bagpiper as the world's biggest-selling spirits brand, according to recent data....
Diageo has declined to comment on the latest report out of India claiming that the drinks giant is back in talks to buy a stake in United Spirits....
Don Sebastiani & Sons has confirmed a change of sales director for its domestic and international business....
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Interview - Heineken global activation director
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Scotch whisky sees sales turn corner - SWA head
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research