just The Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
Lower costs have helped Asahi Group Holdings to increase nine-month profits, despite a drop in net sales for the period.
Stock Spirits has morphed from potential prey to predator in the acquisitions arena following a deal to refinance its bank facilities.
SABMiller hopes to lure more African consumers into beer after securing a cut-price tax deal to produce a beer using local cassava in Mozambique.
Heineken has confirmed details of a proposed change of chairman.
Jeremy Beadles is to step down as CEO of the UK Wine & Spirit Trade Association and take up a post at Heineken.
MillerCoors has fallen foul of tough economic conditions and higher commodity costs in the first nine months of 2011, reporting drops in both sales and profits.
The Scottish Government has countered suggestions that its plans to introduce minimum pricing per unit of alcohol in the country are “probably illegal”.
Newly-independent Beam Inc has said that it expects full-year profits to be at the high end of its guidance, backed by higher sales for the first nine months of 2011.
PepsiCo has sold its bottling operations in China to Tingyi (Cayman Islands) Holding Corp in exchange for a stake in the noodle and soft drinks maker's business.
Earlier this year, just-drinks sat down with David Gates, the global category director of whisk(e)y at Diageo, to talk about Johnnie Walker, Formula One, Scotch and the other whisk(e)y sub-categories....
Earlier this week, Harris Interactive released its annual study of brand health for beverages in the US....
Heineken is set to launch a new advertising push for its Strongbow cider brand in the UK....
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk